ContactAtOnce! provides a very effective tool, the “Business Card drop in” for stimulating lead activity. The dropin is a dynamic html component that visually “drops in” to a page with a visual call-to-action. Site managers may wish to control the frequency of dropin presentation to site visitors. The DropIn Governor enables a site manager to control the frequency of presentation of the dropin to site visitors.
The DropIn Governor allows time and frequency limits on the number of dropin presentations to a given site visitor. The DropIn Governor allows a site manager to specify a maximum number of presentations to a given site visitor within a specified period of time. The DropIn Governor includes two settings:
- Maximum Presentation Count – the maximum number of times that a DropIn will appear for a single site visitor within a specified timespan. Default value is unlimited.
- Timespan. The elapsed time period for which the maximum presentation count is calculated.
Assume the following:
- Maximum Presentation Count: 3 (small number to make the example quick to follow)
- Timespan: 1 Hour (again, a small number to make the example quick to follow)
- The advertiser is online for each of the page views
- Each row in the example represents a page view of a DropIn enabled web page on a specific site
|Site Visitor||Page View Time||Session Counter||DropIn Presented?||Comments|
|Bill||10:00 a.m.||1||Yes||Timespan counter established at 10:00 a.m.|
|Bill||10:02 a.m.||3||Yes||At maximum counter, dropin is presented|
|Bill||10:03 a.m.||4||No||Over the maximum Presentation Count; DropIn suppressed|
|Bill||10:59 a.m.||5||No||DropIn suppressed.|
|Bill||11:15 a.m.||1||Yes||Timespan reset at 11:00, or 1 hour after the initial page view.|
DropIn Governor key points:
- Rules are applicable to a specific site visitor
- The default for the DropIn is ungoverned. That is the dropin will be presented as often as a site visitor accesses a web page with the dropIn and the advertiser is online.
To set DropIn Governor rules, please contact ContactAtOnce! customer support:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 678.648.6961
ContactAtOnce! plans to enable self-service updates to the DropIn Governor Rules via the Customer Portal in the near future.