The VCF is an acronym used for Virtual Contact File. You may also hear them referred to as a vCards. They are the standard file format that is used to store contact information for individuals in a digital file format.
There are three of Contact Cards to choose from:
- Agent – this option is the default and will use the agents name, email and photo.
- Merchant – this option will use the account display name, default email and provider logo.
- None – this option stops the contact card from being sent.
Note: The above options are found on the Manage MTC page located under Settings in the Customer Portal
- Easily share contact information in a familiar and visible way
- Consumer has freedom to save complete contact details
Step 1: The customer will need to click the link that is automatically sent from the system generated message with the VCF that goes out after the agents first message.
Step 2: The customer will then need to select to Open in “Contacts”.
Step 3: The customer will then need to select Save to store the contact information.