ContactAtOnce! can be configured to work in thin client environments however, there are some special steps that need to be taken to configure the ContactAtOnce! IM client.
- Use the ContactAtOnce! portal to provision an agent as normal.
- The new agent will need his/her welcome email because it contains his/her userid and password for the client. Do not click on the link to perform the installation.
- Download http://portal.contactatonce.com/files/contactatonceclientnomsinolauncher.zip.
- Extract all the files from the .zip file into a directory that the user has write access to and that is specific to the user for whom the install is being performed. A typical location is the user’s MyDocuments folder.
- Create a shortcut on the desktop for the user pointing to that user’s instance of ContactAtOnce.exe
- Create an entry in the user’s startup folder for that user’s instance of ContactAtOnce.exe.The agent can now start the ContactAtOnce client from the Desktop icon.
- You will receive an alert that you must set the userid and password, click OK. The Account Properties dialog will open.
- Enter the User ID and Password from the provisioning email.
- Enter the user’s name in the Name field at the top of the Account Properties dialog. Click the Agent Profile tab and enter the user’s first name, last name, and phone number.
- Click on the Save button.
- Right click on the boomerang icon in the system tray and select Status > Online.
- The agent should now be online.
It is a good idea for the user to logout and login to their profile to make sure that the ContactAtOnce client starts up and logs in properly.
- The ContactAtOnce client uses outbound TCP ports 5222 and 5223 outbound for Jabber IM communication
- If there are multiple agents working on the same shared server an agent may see an error message at startup that the client can’t bind to port 8010 for data transfer. This is OK, the agent can ignore this message.